The Pioneer Valley Jewish Film Festival welcomes film submissions on a year round basis, but makes no guarantee for inclusion in our festival. Here are some basic guidelines:
- Our festival is two weeks long, generally between Purim and Passover. However, Passover falls early in 2013, and so our festival will take place April 4-18, 2013.
- Our selection committee is very large and spread out over a wide geographic area; therefore we ask for two DVD screening copies. We cannot guarantee the return of DVDs, but if you include a stamped return envelope we will try.
- You may submit a link to an online screener, but if your film makes it to the final rounds of consideration we will still need a DVD copy. Our festival takes place in a semi-rural area, and our committee members do not all have access to high-speed internet.
- Generally, we review films starting in mid-summer, and begin making decisions in September. We do not respond to unsolicited submissions. If you want to know whether your film arrived, please include a self-addressed, stamped postcard or letter. If you want to know whether your film is under consideration, feel free to email the director in November.
- Your submission should include basic information about the film (Title, Year Made, Genre, Country, Language(s), Director), a compelling plot synopsis, distributor information (if applicable), exhibition format availability, and exhibition fee. This can all be in a cover letter.
Submissions should be mailed to:
Pioneer Valley Jewish Film Festival
380 Union Street
West Springfield, MA 01089